The holidays provide us with rich history and vocabulary, it would be a waste not to learn about where all of our amazing traditions come from! These holiday text feature printables are a perfect way to put an academic spin on some holiday fun!
There are eight passages included in the resource:
- How Candy Canes are Made
- History of Gingerbread
- Science Behind Snowflakes
- Symbols of the Season
- Traditional Christmas Ornaments
- Holiday Baked Goods
- Holiday Lights on Homes
- Holiday Plants and Their Meanings
Each comes with its own color coding page to allow students to find and color code the specific text features in the passage as well as a few comprehension questions that specifically focus on the WHY behind the text features.
Each page also includes a digital version. You’ll find the links to each digital passage on page 3 of the opened resource. These digital pieces can be used in Google Slides, Google Classroom, and PowerPoint (when exported as such).
Ways to use this resource:
- Morning work during the holiday weeks
- Small group review of nonfiction text features
- Fun, holiday-themed reading center or station
- Whole group review on text features
- Holiday themed homework
With so many fun passages to choose from, I hope your students enjoy this activity as much as mine did!